Friday, February 6, 2009

1 month down!


Ari is getting bigger and bigger and hitting all the appropriate milestones such as SMILING! She is also mastering the art of pouting and I'm able to distinguish a new cry which translates to "pick me up!" I never thought that the sound of a cry could make me happy, but knowing that Ari wants to be with us as much as we want her is heart warming.

The last couple weeks I've gone in to work 3 times. I thought it would be horrible, but I've realized it's served the purpose of lessening my anxiety about going back. I left Ari with my mom last Monday which my mom was VERY excited about. I decided on the drive into the office that if I stopped looking at it from the perspective of I'm leaving Ari to go to work and instead think of it as doing my mom a favor then I felt better. Still, I'm happy that I have 3 weeks more of maternity leave left. :)

The new emotions of Ari:



A much more successful play date with Lucas:
Hanging out with Pops:

And Nana and Grandpa:

And our child birth class reunion:

3 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that my favorite one is that of her with her little fat lip out? SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just too much cuteness for one couch!!

    Can't wait to see that smile in person! If you have to bring her into work some days, that will be ok with all of us, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you today, and I love the blog! What adorable photos. Ours is http://sleeplesswithsiena.blogspot.com

    - Kris

    ReplyDelete